- Applications are accepted beginning July 1 of the year preceding the year for which application is being made. Testing occurs January through March.
- Interviews are scheduled when all required application materials are received.
- Current CCS families complete re-enrollment in early February. Letters notifying applicants of admission decisions are sent in March and April. While CCS continues to accept applications all year, many classes are full following the first round of acceptances in March. In order to be considered in that group of applicants, all application forms, testing, and the interview should be completed before the end of March.
- If an applicant is qualified to attend CCS but there are no spaces available in his or her grade, the applicant’s name will be placed in a wait pool. Wait pools are not prioritized lists. When and if an opening becomes available, the Admission Committee will convene and select the most appropriate candidate for the opening. Openings occur throughout the spring and summer, and new students are added to the grades where those openings occur.
- Crossings Christian School gives priority to qualified siblings of current CCS students.
- A child must be 3 years old before September 1 to start Preschool 3 class and 4 years old before September 1 to start Prekindergarten 4/5 class. Students must be 5 years of age before September 1 to begin kindergarten, no exceptions. All early childhood applicants must be able to care for restroom needs independently.
The mission of Crossings Christian School is to partner with parents and the church to develop students into Christ-centered servant leaders who are academically and spiritually prepared for college and life. This partnership requires:
- Families who are growing in their Christian walk and are involved in a local church. Crossings Christian School requires that at least one parent have a personal saving relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Students whose academic records demonstrate proven capabilities to succeed at CCS. Crossings Christian School requires students to be performing at or above grade level with a minimum of 2.5 average and all passing grades.
- Students whose recommendations show a behavioral history that matches the behavioral expectations of Crossings Christian School. Students who have been expelled should not apply until they have completed a successful year in another school.
Student records will be carefully evaluated during the application process. The following testing is required in addition to progress reports and standardized testing from the past two years:
- Preschool Applicants: Developmental assessment administered individually
- Kindergarten Applicants: Kindergarten Readiness Test administered individually
- 1st Grade Applicants: First Grade Readiness Test administered individually and in small groups
- 2nd Grade Applicants and Higher: WRAT 4, Wide Range Achievement Test administered individually and in small groups